Advanced Breath and meditation journey
Make peace with the stormy clouds that sometimes colour our thoughts and feelings. Learning to accept ALL parts of ourselves is part of the journey of life. It’s when we resist that stress persists.
This course runs once a day for two weeks (Monday – Friday). We meet each morning at 6:30 am for 30 minutes.
We build upon, and explore more deeply, the practices covered in the two-week Beginner’s Breath and Meditation course.
- Additional breath techniques
- Chakra meditation techniques
- Longer periods in meditation
- Mantra usage
- Yoga kriya
Course commencement dates for 2021
- 9 August 2021
- 6 September 2021
- 4 October 2021
- 29 November 2021
The morning breathing exercises are slowly waking me up to reconnect body and mind.
I really appreciate the way you invite us to go at our own pace and in our own way. This has meant that I am able to practice more easily now.
About your facilitator – Leonie Lockwood
With over 30 years of yoga under her belt and 11+ years of teaching, Leonie knows it’s important to keep it real. There’s no lightworkers, healers or gurus here. Just practical common sense (as much as you can have at 6.30 am) and a gentle approach to working with minds and bodies.
How does it work?
- Purchase your pass and you’ll be sent a Zoom link and passcode to use for the sessions
- Over 10 days we meet online at 6:30 am for 30 minutes at a time. And, together, we’ll practice guided meditation, spot meditations (super short snacks) and breath work practices suitable for all levels of experience
- Each day you’ll receive a recording of the practice in case you’d like to redo the session or share with a friend
- Every Wednesday we meet after the session at 7:00 am to discuss, ask questions, meet fellow students or just say ‘Hi’.
- If you invite a friend who hasn’t done the course before, then you receive your next course half price. Just email Leonie when your friend has booked.
How is the advanced course different?
Once you’ve attended the initial beginners course, you’ll be invited to attend the advanced sessions, where we build upon the techniques learned in the beginners sessions. New techniques are added, but comfort and competency with the beginners techniques must be mastered first.
Can I start with the advanced sessions?
No, start with the beginners breath and meditation course to learn the basic techniques then you’ll be invited to join the advanced sessions.
If you have an established breath work and meditation practice contact Leonie via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to check if it’s ok to join at this level.
What happens if I miss a session?
A recording of each session is delivered to your inbox each day within an hour of the session finishing.
What if I have questions about the techniques?
Each Wednesday we have time after class. Or you can ask in the private Facebook group or email Leonie directly.
Do I need to sit on the floor cross legged?
No. You might like to sit in a chair or even lie down for some of the practices.
Do I need to sit still if my body hurts?
No. It’s more difficult to meditate if our body is in discomfort. Adjust yourself, use cushions or blankets for support.
Will these practices cure my insomnia/anxiety/depression?
These practices will help you manage the symptoms of your insomnia, anxiety, depression. You will need to continue to practice these techniques over a period of time longer than the 2-3 weeks of these courses.
Is each course the same?
Each course will have similar components of breath and meditation techniques. Our experience of these will shift and change as we become more aware of our subtle body. Repetition and more repetition, builds new habits and behaviours.